Learn the fundamentals of Orchard CMS
What is this course about?
Orchard CMS for Absolute Beginners is a course about the latest open-source .NET Content Management System which is written in ASP.NET platform using the ASP.NET MVC framework.
What are the course requirements?
In order to get started with this course you will need to install the following things on your computer
- Microsoft WebMatrix 3
- SQL Server 2012 Express
- Visual Studio 2012 or higher (Including free express editions)
- Download Orchard CMS source and web project from CodePlex
- IIS 7.5/ 8 / 8.1
- Any web browser
How will you benefit from this course?
You will get a good working knowledge of Orchard CMS and its admin panel and how to use Orchard CMS as an advance user.
After completing this course you will be able to download Orchard, Install it locally and remotely on a live web server, use the Orchard admin panel very efficiently, Install new themes and modules from the gallery, create pages, blogs and pretty much everything that a content manager will do to manage his content using Orchard CMS.
What things you will be learning in this course?
- Getting started with Orchard CMS
- Learn how to Install Orchard CMS on your local IIIS
- Learn about all the Orchard CMS Terminologies
- Learn how to use the Orchard CMS Admin Panel
- Learn how to host an Orchard CMS website on to a live web server